November 15, 2004

FCC Lies to Push Forward Indecency Case

Using the Freedom of Information Act, Jeff Javis uncovers that only 3 people, out of the 159 claimed by the FCC, actually wrote letters to the FCC about sexual suggestive programming causing $1.2 million dollars in fines, chilling the speech of our media and trampling over the very meaning of the First Ammendment.

There's a second travesty in all of this. It is the blatant laziness (or even worse, submission) by the mass news media to uncover this while reporting on the story. Every jounrnalist claiming to have covered this story should be ashamed of the standard they have upheld.

The FCC should repeal the fines they issued. Other citizen journalists should file similar FOIA requests and uncover what really happened with the Super Bowl wardrobe malfunction. And the mass news media should either get it together or just pack it up because you're worthless to us and you're losing to citizen journalism.

8 comments:

Webmaster said...

Interesting blog about advertising agency online. I like to find more info on advertising agency online for my professional money making businessblog.

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leif Wheeler said...

Hello, I really enjoy your blog … I’m going to bookmark it.
Your visitors may also enjoy another site about business loans.
It can be found by clicking
business plan

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Just thought I would check out your blog.
I am new to blogging. I hope you don't mind me posting to your blog. If you are interested in checking out my blog and making a post that would be great.

I have a hosting review web site/blog. It pretty much covers ##WEB HOSTING## related stuff.


Thanks,
Ed

Anonymous said...

Hello, we have just finished creating this free questions and answers forum for members of The Country Club Biz. Please check it out at Country Club Biz Forum

Anonymous said...

Hello, we have just finished creating this free questions and answers forum for members of The Country Club Biz. Please check it out at CC Biz Forum

Unknown said...

hi, i am learning about blogs, I started a blog about Acne Solution . If you would like to share a link, please let me know.